Saturday, November 26, 2011

99 Problems, or The Night I Spent Alone At College

Everyone went home for Thanksgiving, but I'm staying this Wednesday night. I'll see my family tomorrow; it would be a waste for them to pick me up tonight. So...
After class I went to Trader Joe's and got: mac & cheese, blackberries, and banana bread for dinner/ breakfast. Sweet. That's balanced (ish) and will go with my Gilmore Girls/ New Girl/ misc. chick flick marathon splendidly.
I walked my friend out and said goodbye, and then decided that 3:12 pm was the perfect time for banana bread and coffee. I didn't bring a knife with me to college. I have 2 spoons and 2 forks and no knives. Or paper towels. Attempting to break off pieces of banana bread is thoroughly unproductive so I finally find a pocket knife, slice the bread, and proceed to lick crumbs off the knife (thankfully the not-sharp edge). I do not know what's happened to me today. Since I finished my papers yesterday, I've been in some sort of giddy, free-at-last sort of mood that I really should have saved for after finals. Alas. I take my kicks where I can.
Goddamn if I don't want to practice violin today. I should. It's not like I'm going to do anything else productive AT ALL for the next 4 days.
Tumblr. Y U No let me get things done?!
Also, I love peeling off sunburns, picking a scabs, etc. so it is exceedingly difficult for me to not pick at my healing tattoo. I want to peel it, and then I think about how mad I would be if I fucked up it's beauty forever by doing that.
Time with PhotoBooth, the most time-consuming/self-absorption promoting application ever.
Apparent new philosophy: eat ALL the food and do ALL the things in an attempt to put off practicing violin.
Exuberant, celebratory dance party commences.
Sweet, violin practice, check. It was good too.
Glee and yumminess. Gilmore Girls and yumminess. New Girl, SNL, and bed early.
It was so nice to spend a night alone. My first night totally alone in 2 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment